The fun part, though, is putting it all back together again. Because it’s not like a jigsaw puzzle where I have 15 pieces and all 15 need to go back together the same way to make a whole. I can chuck and swap and piece together however I wish. Which is awesome. It’s like christmas. I’ve been gifted a whole new wardrobe that I get to piece together with my current go-to-favorites.
I no longer need to keep those combat boots with the loose sole I constantly trip over. I got some new blush suede mules. Hooolllar. And it turns out they look bomb with my fav decade old sundress. (<- this is a true story, guys.)
The foundation of it all, though, is food. N U T R I E N T S. (also a #TrueStory)
And I’m so beyond lucky to be working with holistic health coach Daniela Color Me Complete again. This lady drops a truth bomb on me every time we interact.
As things started to spiral I was actually really worried I was wasting my precious time with her. I felt so much guilt that I’d committed to something I really couldn’t physically follow through on. I was failing. I DONT fail.
And then today she goes “The only goal for this entire thing is to omit the guilt. You are not a child with an assignment. Perfect is the enemy of progress.”
Plus she really only had one goal for me this last month, which I’d really improved in: find breakfast and insert into mouth before I insert ass into desk chair. Such a simple little task, but I was doing okay at it, and as a result, I was a little more stable.
Through her coaching, I was also much more aware of my desire to emotionally eat. I cognitively choose salmon salad (who am I) instead of pizza (seriously who am I). And I liked it. (Whaaa).
So not only did she get me through this rough patch, but now that my isssh has calmed down I get to really focus on some legit Food Goalz. Here’s all the exciting things I have comin’ my way! (And you too by association. So get excited.)
- Plant-based diet focus
- Cutting down on caffeine, sugar, wine (kill me. but necessary cause these are the things that will actually kill me.)
- Hormone tracking
- Grocery shopping … cheaply (buh bye my beloved Whole Foods)
- More simple home cooked meals… cooked in my tiny pseudo studio kitchen.. food prep
- Smoothies in the AM maybe?
STOKED though. Stay tuned.
Other weird little changes I’m all about:
- Growing my hair out… and I’m determined that it’s NOT guna be the most awkward experience ever
- Simplifying (an ongoing project. pictures to come.)
- Taking care of my skin… moisturizers. (ugh. getting so old.)
- Vitamins? maybe?
- Money stuff. Because I’m an adult now.
- Going to bed before 10pm… preferably 9:30pm.
- Thrift shopping. I don’t believe in forever21 and I really love when I find cool pieces. And there’s a GoodWill everywhere.
Categories: Color Me Complete, FOOD
Leave a Reply